As a registered company at the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), we comply with Data Protection Regulations and GDPR. This is an overview of how we treat client and potential client data.
How we process your data
The following is a broad description of the way Property Venture® processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, which takes into account your personal circumstances.
Our Reasons or purpose for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide property services to our clients; promote the services we offer; maintaining our own accounts and records; support and manage our employees and associates. We also comply with relevant legislation on Anti-Money Laundering Regulations (AML) and are also required to collect pertinent information as part of knowing our customers (or clients) and potential customers (or clients). There can be a legitimate interest in processing information in this way, in order to comply with statutory regulation and legal requirements.
Website Browsing and Enquiries
You may browse our web site without disclosing personal data. However, if you register by completing any online forms or contact us by telephone, e-mail or in another way with an enquiry, we will collect some personal information from you so that we can contact you to answer any questions you might have and to contact you at a later date to discuss your situation and the services we offer.
Type of information processed
We process information relevant to the way we run our business. This may include:
• personal details: e.g. name, email address, telephone number, IP address, postal address, organisation name
• your situation and needs
• family details
• lifestyle and social circumstances
• employment and education details
• financial details
• goods and services provided
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
• suppliers and associates
• advisers and professional consultants
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other agents and other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary, or required, we share information with:
• suppliers and service providers
• family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
• financial organisations
• credit reference agencies
• debt collection and tracing agencies
• business associates and other professional advisers
• central and local government
• police forces
The right to erasure
Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:
• the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which it was originally collected or processed for
• the individual withdraws their consent
• there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing
Our mailing database policy
We offer an opted-in subscriber e-mail monthly service (Property E-Insights Mailer). This service is based on consent.
How we got your data
If you receive regular emails from Property Venture® it is because at some point in the past 10 years or more you signed up on a webpage, or requested to receive a free resource, or requested a regular updating mailing from Property Venture® (this could have been verbally or in writing). The free resource could have been a downloadable Property Investment Guide, a webinar, a seminar, or a product-specific promotion and you have not opted-out or unsubscribed since.
We did not get your data by purchasing it from a third party, or by downloading your contact information from a social media platform.
What we do with your data
We use your data to inform you about:
• Free blogs, articles, videos, webinars containing valuable specialist advice
• Regular updates on property investments in and around Europe
• Direct marketing communications and invitations to purchase products and services
• Suggestions for relevant, property-related third party providers where this a connection. This is usually on a one-on-one basis.
• Invitations to register for events, training resources including online webinars, workshops, masterclasses and interviews.
Your details are not shared with, nor sold to third parties (unless you want this to happen and request it, for example to help you in your purchasing process or specific transaction). Property Venture® does not send “spam” nor send marketing and sales communications that are excessive, intrusive or unreasonable. For those individuals wishing to no longer benefit from this service they can easily and simply unsubscribe at the bottom of any mailer. There has always been the facility to opt-out at any time at the bottom of regular group e-mails, should you no longer wish to be in contact.
NB: Please note Property Venture® is a trading name of Business Venture Ltd and registration is in the name of the Limited Company
Property Venture® is a trading name of Business Venture Ltd
Company no. 06343172 . Registered in England & Wales
Registered Office: The Tiled House . Midway . Walton-on-Thames . Surrey . KT12 3HY